6 Hot Trends Advancing Wearable App Development in 2022!
The wearables industry is gaining huge popularity due to its revolutionized devices. With the recent advancements in technology, wearable app development trends are also pacing up. Wearables enhance experience and comfort, hence improving the mobile app development sector.
- The shipments of wristbands, headphones, watches, and others were 533.6 million units globally in 2021
- The sales of wireless headphones reached 310 million units globally in 2021
- The wearable industry of fitness bands and smartwatch shipments expects a CAGR of 11% from 2021 to 2024.
- The shipment of smartwatches and fitness bands expected to reach 280 million by 2023
- Augmented reality (AR) glasses sold by the leading brands worldwide were 410 thousand units in 2021 and expected to reach 3.9 million by 2024.
Wearables are miniature devices that people wear, they interpret activity & provide valuable information through sensors and advanced technologies. It is usually linked with mobile phones and provides a better way to interpret data.
1. Artificial Intelligence ( AI)
- The AI industry is vastly expanding. It ensures interactivity, automation and customized solutions.
- AI has an essential role in the wearable industry as AI-powered wearable devices improve users’ experiences.
- With the smart sensors embedded, the AI powers the sports and gadgets world to provide real-time data analysis.
- Besides gadgets, AI also plays a significant role in other industries, like notifications about event schedules and tickets.
- Example: Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, Smartwatch
2. IoT (Internet Of Things)
- IoT refers to a technology that integrates connectivity. It enables the linkage of multiple devices through interconnecting them.
- This interconnection allows exchanging data and insights that get optimized later for smarter solutions and better living.
- IoT encompasses everything from home automation systems to fitness trackers.
- Also, big tech giants are betting big on IoT and helping to shape the future of wearable technology.
- The future of wearable technology concerns IoT and envisions through a customary overview of the healthcare sector.
- Furthermore, wearable application developers bet their claim in this field, and they incorporate IoT into their products.
3. Better Payment Gateways
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology connects devices for smooth transactions such as credit cards, debit cards, etc.
- The mobile app development company offers end-to-end support in wearable application development projects for better payment gateways.
- Moreover, it helps to create apps equipped with payment gateways. That enables users to pay instantly by flashing their apps on a smartwatch or smartphone.
- Private banks are also introducing wearable, contactless payment devices for people on the go.
- According to allied market research, wearable payment demand expects to earn $1.37 trillion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 21.7% from 2020 to 2027.
4. Enhanced Gps
- Undoubtedly, the future of wearable technology is GPS tracking in wearable devices that benefit various industries, including travel, logistics, and retail.
- When combined with IoT and connected to wearables, the technology can produce amazing results that are more authentic and optimal.
- Additionally, GPS is used effectively in wearable app development for both iOS and Android.
- Wearable technology that collects user location includes Google Glass, GOQii, Spotnsave, and wristbands.
- Hence, due to the affordability and ease of use, such devices have become extremely popular.
5. Healthcare Wearables
- AI in Healthcare and Wearable in Healthcare are working hard to disrupt the healthcare industry.
- The combination of AI and wearables is helping the healthcare industry become more responsive and preventative in many ways.
- Through language processing and computer vision, the technology learns the visual cues that sighted people recognise. The data gets converted into natural voice cues that assist visually impaired wearers in moving around the city comfortably.
- Machine Learning can aid in learning all seizure patterns through real-time monitoring.
- As a result of the introduction of Wearables and AI in healthcare, doctors can easily identify precursors beforehand, making the health and care domain a lot more preventive.
6. Integrating Smart Devices (Beacon Technology)
- Beacons are low-power Bluetooth-enabled wireless transmitters that interact with the devices in their immediate vicinity.
- They exchange information with nearby smart devices and enable easy location-based searching.
- Given its simplicity, it’s no surprise that beacon technology integrates wearables such as smartwatches.
- A wearable device app development company like ours predicts a tangential growth of beacons in future.
- Furthermore, the beacon technology enables more precise and advanced information than Gps services.
Also Read – What You Should Know About a Missed Call Alert Service
As wearable app development is evolving, more and more companies are focusing on advancements in wearable development. The mobile app development industry further expects new trends and developments. The top trends include AI, IoT, Payment gateways, enhanced GPS, healthcare wearables, and smart devices.
As we witnessed some of the advanced wearable devices, there are still many under development and are yet to come. I believe the wearables will improve and revolutionize the medical sector in a better way. The future in the tech world expects other high-tech and innovative solutions with wearable devices offering ingenious solutions!